Saturday, October 11, 2008

Birkenhead & Big Silver Video, BC Photo Dump

Making videos is tedious and exacting labor. I have been producing music video genre paddling shorts lately, and the music certainly determines the difficulty of the task at hand. The rhythm of the song, tempo and changes all require creativity and insight from the producer to make it work. Up untill last night, I had been using pretty mellow and non-descript tracks, enabling me to just throw clips together with little planning. Last night I decided to use a punk rock song and put up some higher speed changes. It isn't as good as I would like it to be, but I felt like I learned a bit about the process. The top video below is a Birkenhead piece exemplifying the simplicity of linking stuff with a slow subtle groove. The bottom video is a three minute short of some Big Silver and Rogers footage set to a more difficult soundtrack.


Birkenhead River from Kirk Eddlemon on Vimeo.



I just found out today that you can take stills from single frames of HD film and they are good quality pictures. Normally, with SD video, captures are worthless. One more reason why Hi-def is the way to go. So here are a load of pictures from BC. Stay tuned for more media on our trip out there.

































































No comments: